Find a research collaborator
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev is one of Israel’s leading research universities and among the world leaders in many fields. Scholars@BGU helps you find researchers who shares your field of interest.
Search by name1. If you are looking for a specific person, filter your search by choosing "people" from the list and simply enter that person's name into the search box. 2. Once you find them in the search results, click their name to reach their profile page.
When searching by research area or keyword for Ben-Gurion University of the Negev scholars, you are most likely to find more than one researcher in many fields. Scholars@BGU helps you find the ones you need.
1. In the homepage search box enter the research area. In the exapmle bellow we've searched for "autism".
2. In the search results, click on the "people" link in the grey filter box on the right.
The filters will change. Choose "Faculty members".
3.Click on one of the names to see their profile page and learn more about them.
If you know that you're interested in working with a specific department or research institute, Scholars@BGU also classifies scholars by their organisational unit.
1. In the homepage search box click on the right arrow to see the different filters.
2. Choose your desired category. In the example we've choosen "Research".
3. Click on a search result in the list or use the additional filters in the right grey box.
Understanding a scholar's profile
There's a profile page for each scholar listed in Scholars@BGU. A scholar's profile page contains more information about their scholarship and work.
At the top of the page, the scholar's name, position, and contact details are shown.
In the centre of the page, information about their work and interests is shown.
- The Overview tab shows a summary of an scholar's life and work.
- The Publications tab shows a selection of this scholar's publications. Click a publication's name to learn more about where it was published and who else contributed.
- Research shows this scholar's research work.
- Awards shows you information about the scholar's education, professional memberships, awards, and honours.
- An scholar's Linkages tab describes connections to other countries or organisations.
- And the Supervision tab tells you whether this scholar is available as a research supervisor.
To the right of this area, you'll find links to visualisations of an scholar's work. These visualisation tools show you an overview of an scholar's work at a glance:
- The Co-author and Co-investigator tools show connections between research investigators and authors. You can click another author or investigator's name to learn about them.
- For scientists, the Map of Science shows how this scholar's work relates to different areas of interest.
- 1. Use quote marks around your search to get results that match that exact phrase. For example, a search for "Quality control" will show only those people who have a publication or interest area matching these words.
- 2. Don't forget to try a variety of search terms.
- 3. Learn more about research at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev.