- Qubur al-Walaydah is a small archaeological site in south-west Israel with a total size of about 2 ha. The site is located on the right bank of the Nah. al Besor (Wadi Gazze) between Tell Jemmeh and Tell el-Faroa (South)(map reference on Israeli maps 1011.0827, see map Fig. 1). The name goes back to the Beni Walaydah Bedouin, a sub-group of the Jubarat. 1 The site was first registered by the Department of Antiquities of the British Mandate government of Palestine2 and was tested in 1977 in one season by Rudolph Cohen. 3 These excavations were not published except for an ostracon that was dated by Frank Moore Cross to 1200 BCE. 4 The finds and the records of these previous excavations were made available to our expedition by Israel Antiquities Authorities.